Senior independent living is a great way for you to enjoy leading a healthy and active lifestyle without having to worry about the mundane and routine things such as cleaning and maintaining the house or cooking. In this article, we will discuss what senior independent living is and whether you are a right fit for it.
What Is Senior Independent Living?
Senior independent living is a living community that is designed for those who wish to live a stress-free lifestyle while also having the freedom to enjoy the things that they love. Housing for senior living communities is often age-friendly and easier to move around in. They are usually apartments with housekeeping and maintenance services so that you do not have to worry about maintaining the home. Senior independent living communities may offer residents many different programs such as fitness classes, interest groups, social events, and other educational classes and activities. This type of living option is also more suitable for those who require little to no assistance in their daily living activities. Overall, senior independent living is a great option for you to retire with peace of mind and live an enjoyable life alongside peers.
Who Is Suitable For Senior Independent Living?
As a general rule, senior independent living is suitable for those who require minimal or no assistance with their daily living activities. For those who require extra assistance such as mobility assistance or have dementia, there are other more appropriate living options such as assisted living or nursing homes. Here are some characteristics of the type of people who may be suitable for senior independent living:
- Able to carry out most or all daily living activities on their own
- Enjoy socializing with other people
- Would like to stay active and participate in various activities
- Prefer the freedom of doing things they enjoy while having housekeeping and maintenance taken care of
- Love to live a stress-free life with no maintenance to worry about
- Appreciate a relaxing and soothing environment
What Amenities are Provided in Senior Independent Living?
Different communities may offer different types of amenities. However, here are some common amenities that are offered in senior independent living communities:
- Calendar of activities: Not all places may offer this but some communities have a whole calendar planned out with a whole range of fun and exciting activities such as classes, gatherings, festivities, and interest groups.
- Fitness and wellness programs: Fitness and wellness programs may include physical fitness classes such as exercise and sports classes as well as wellness classes such as meditation. Some may also offer personalized coaching and tailor a program specifically for each individual.
- Dining programs: You can choose to cook from your own home or relax and enjoy your meals prepared in a dining room.
- Concierge and transportation services: Concierge services can help you should you require any help with arranging appointments, transportation, or any other issues you may have living in the community.
If you feel that senior independent living is a good fit for you, you can try checking out the community at The Welstone At Mission Crossing.