The Welstone At Mission Crossing is an active independent retirement community that is located in the beautiful town of Mission, Kansas. This area is known for its rich culture and congenial residents. It offers outstanding value for those that seek affordable and carefree living, with a variety of services such as housekeeping, meal preparation, and more.
About Mission, KS
The city of Mission is part of Johnson County which can be found in the state of Kansas. It is a small community of about ten thousand that is located close to the metro area of Kanas City. The town’s name is taken from a Native American mission that was established here in 1829, and today its economy revolves around transport and agriculture.
Recreational Parks Around Mission
- Rosedale Park: This is an outstanding recreational area that encompasses approximately 55 acres worth of land. Its features include softball fields which are lighted, a playground, two tennis courts, picnic tables, and a grille with parking lots and 18 hole golf courses.
- Wyandotte County Lake Park: This is a massive public park that covers 1500 acres. It contains woods, boat rentals, and a playground for children, fishing, and lots of local wildlife.
- Pierson Park: This is a 10-acre public park that includes a lake for fishing with plenty of activities for families such as a playground and game area.
Popular Arts & Entertainment Near Mission
- Arvest Bank Theatre: This venue has been in operation since 1927 and features comedy, dance, live music, and Broadway.
- Fishtank Theatre: The purpose of Fishtank Theatre is to foment the creation of fresh work while inspiring theatrical entrepreneurs.
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater: This is a famous dance theater that displays spectacular performances for one week annually.
Recommended Dining and Shopping Outlets Near Mission
- 801 Chophouse: This restaurant features a diverse menu that revolves around USDA-approved prime steak, crustaceans, and fresh fish with an extensive beverage menu that includes scotch and bourbon.
- Andre’s Confiserie Suisse: Those with a sweet tooth will enjoy this establishment that features gourmet lunches with world-class pastries and chocolate.
- A Little BBQ Joint: This is a family-owned barbecue restaurant with a laid-back atmosphere. It includes an outdoor bar with a distinct automobile theme.
- Aixois: This is a lovely French restaurant that features dishes with locally raised produce, bread, and meat.
Best Schools Near Mission
- Staley High: This is a public high school that has just under 1700 students, and won the College Success Award in 2018 and 2019.
- Lincoln College Prep: This school is situated in the Kansas City area and has about 800 students. It has also won the College Success Award multiple times.
Why Choose The Welstone At Mission Crossing?
The Welstone At Mission Crossing has been compared to an upscale resort, which is a wonderful description since every resident is treated like a VIP. We offer a guest program that allows retirees to try out the community before moving there, and we provide premium dining and housekeeping services with no extended contracts.
To learn more about living in The Welstone At Mission Crossing, contact us or call us at 844.578.0240 today.